Thursday 19 June 2014

Bergen, Knitting and Dancing Mats

I’ve had enough. I can’t take it anymore.

Having looked down and seen the blonde hairs sparkling and swaying on my flaky legs I knew it was time to take the plunge and get the Bic out. The shower cubicle in Dickie is usually more than adequate but it can involve a fair amount of, shall I say, yogic body positioning to shave the legs. I managed after some interesting contortions and weird gruntage. I’m also lucky enough to have rather hairy toes which gives me the option to choose the type of shaving I can perform…do I go the full Brazilian leaving a toe totally denuded of hair or go the landing strip, leaving a thin line of hair down the middle? I decided on the toe Brazilian and am now perfectly denuded with armpits to match.

Anyway I digress from our travels.
our view of Sognefjord

We are now parked up by the Sognefjord which, yet again, is stunning. Is it possible to get tired of endless stunning? Mr Fluffy has attached some rather sparkly mackerel feathers to his rod and I am hoping he will catch a couple of fish for dinner. It is true that Norway is beyond expensive so we are rather glad we stocked up on food before we got here.
The fish market in Bergen was excruciatingly expensive but everything looked absolutely fabulous. We spent the night at a stellplatz just outside Bergen and took a tram into town to see the World Heritage site of Bryggen which has 18th and 19th century houses down by the wharf. Very interesting and we would have loved to have had a beer in one of the old bars but I couldn’t get the mortgage organised in time.
Bryggen walkway
I forced Graham to go along to the knitting museum in Salhus yesterday and surprisingly he really enjoyed it. It may be because they took us through the old factory and showed us how the Victorian machines worked. It was a very interesting museum in a gorgeous setting overlooking a fjord and had a very amusing film before the guided tour. I would recommend it.
Knitting machines in Salhus

Mr Fluffy getting in on the knitting action

Eek Graham has just raced in, muddying the dancing mat on the way, to grab his fish identification book as he has excitedly just caught something.
anyone know what this fish is?
Am now back in the van having checked the fish and, having been unable to identify it, Graham has put it back and it is now swimming away with a very sore lip. Hopefully it wasn’t something tasty.
What is a ‘dancing mat’ I hear you ask? It may look like a very boring beige mat, purchased in Belgium, but every time we step on it we must do a cute and amusing dance. If you are lucky, one day we may do a little film of hot ‘dancing mat’ action .


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Soggy Return

It wasn’t the welcome home we expected - torrential rain, flooding, and giant potholes in pretty much every road we drove on today. Ugh! The...