Tuesday 24 June 2014

Misery Guts

The day started well. We had lots of water so Graham decided to wash his shirt and a few other bits. He popped out to fish as I had my shower. I use the term ‘had my shower’ loosely as Mr Fluffy had used all the hot water washing is bits. As I was already undressed I rapped myself in Jesus, Mary & Joseph (our giraffe blanket) to await the heating of the water. After 5 minutes of nude holy family wrappage I could bear it no longer and had a quick slosh in the sink. Thanks to Laura for the Impulse Dry Shampoo gift.
Mr Fluffy happily caught a mackerel in the pouring rain and we have just eaten it for dinner. A nicely free alternative to the £90 extravaganza of last night which, in the UK, would have cost around £20.
K with J, M and J
It seems one is charged for just about everything here so I am getting a bit fed up with it. Despite the absolutely stunning scenery one just can’t do anything exciting as it costs an arm and a leg. The tolls and ferries add up so much that one has spent almost £100 before anything has happened. It’s all a bit much and I’d like to just be able to go out for a quick beverage in the sun without it costing the earth. And it’s pissing down.

Oh well I presume I will have cheered up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Soggy Return

It wasn’t the welcome home we expected - torrential rain, flooding, and giant potholes in pretty much every road we drove on today. Ugh! The...