Saturday 17 May 2014

Mr Fluffy's Flashback

I remember, as a kid, helping my father pack our maroon Ford Cortina Estate with enough camping gear to support the family for the long trip to Yugoslavia. My parents were teachers who had long Summer holidays – they made the most of them. It was those adventurous trips, with we three kids in the back of an overloaded car, which planted the seed of camping and travel in me. Seeing an old Cortina in the Haynes Motoring Museum yesterday reminded me that those camping holidays were the seeds that are responsible for us setting out on this, the first of our many (I hope) retirement adventures.
This is clearly not a Cortina but I like the car

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Soggy Return

It wasn’t the welcome home we expected - torrential rain, flooding, and giant potholes in pretty much every road we drove on today. Ugh! The...