Saturday 23 November 2019

Missing Madame BovaRY

As I was choosing which books to take with me on the trip I looked at Flaubert’s ‘Madame Bovary’ sitting on the pile and thought, no, I’ll read that when I get back.
The Fluffy one then goes ahead and chooses Ry, the location where said Madame B was set, for our second night in France. Happily, the Madame Bovary trail around the village tells pretty much the whole story so now I don’t have to read it.
It really is a lovely village in the Seine-Maritime region with stunning houses and countryside. Mr Fluffy has already managed to find some medieval graffiti on the church and the flan is pretty good as well.
Graffiti to keep the old man happy

Mme Bovary was ‘ere

Hot flan action

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Soggy Return

It wasn’t the welcome home we expected - torrential rain, flooding, and giant potholes in pretty much every road we drove on today. Ugh! The...